A report from PeaceQuest’s Education Chair, Ann Boniferro
Twenty-nine elementary and secondary schools from Kingston to Trenton and north to Whitney have submitted evidence of their efforts to raise awareness, create community connections, engage families, and act for peace.
A wonderful array of activities have taken place, including guest speakers, student art and writing, bullying prevention activities, the planting of peace gardens, and gatherings to honour the International Day of Peace on September 21.
Students from Nicholson Catholic College in Belleville shared their dedication to peace by writing letters to the United Nations. They were pleased to receive a moving response from Ramu Damodaran, in the Department of Public Information, commending their engagement in peace education.
Congratulations to students, staff, and families in both the Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board and the Limestone District School Board for your fine efforts! We look forward to more creative ideas in the coming years.
We would love to have your school board or school involved. For more information, check out the PeaceQuest Schools page!
Qualifying PeaceQuest Schools for 2014-2015
- Archbishop O’Sullivan Catholic School, Kingston
- Collins Bay Public School, Kingston
- Elginburg and District Public School, Elginburg
- Holsgrove Public School, Westbrook
- Holy Name Catholic School, Kingston
- Holy Name of Mary Catholic School, Marysville
- J. O’Neill Catholic School, Napanee
- Lord Strathcona Public School, Kingston
- Mother Teresa Catholic School, Kingston
- Nicholson Catholic College, Belleville
- Our Lady of Mercy Catholic School, Bancroft
- Perth Road Public School, Perth Road
- Sacred Heart Catholic School, Marmora
- St. Carthagh Catholic School, Tweed
- St. James Major Catholic School, Sharbot Lake
- St. John XXIII Catholic School, Kingston
- St. Joseph Catholic School, Belleville
- St. Marguerite Bourgeoys Catholic School, Kingston
- St. Martha Catholic School, Kingston
- St. Martin of Tours Catholic School, Whitney
- St. Mary Catholic School, Read
- St. Mary Catholic School, Trenton
- St. Michael Catholic School, Belleville
- St. Patrick Catholic School, Erinsville
- St. Paul Catholic School, Kingston
- St. Paul Catholic Secondary School, Trenton
- St. Peter Catholic School, Trenton
- St. Thomas More Catholic School, Kingston
- Truedell Public School, Kingston