Inspired by the World Social Forum held in Montreal in August, 2016
PeaceQuest has endorsed the Declaration for a Nuclear – Fission – Free World, We encourage you to do so too!
REASONS TO ADD YOUR ENDORSEMENT:
Nuclear weapons must be eliminated because
- Even a limited nuclear war could provoke sudden extreme climate change on a global scale, crippling agricultural production and threatening the survival of all higher forms of life.
- A nuclear armed world is likely to destroy itself and set in motion a process that will undo four billion years of evolution.
- They are the repositories of the most pernicious industrial waste ever known, which will burden future generations with a poisonous legacy.
- Export and transport of nuclear waste is therefore irresponsible.
- If targeted by terrorists, saboteurs or conventional warfare, the explosion of nuclear reactors will cause untold destruction, making global regions uninhabitable.
Uranium mining and processing must be halted worldwide because
- Uranium is the key element behind all nuclear weapons and nuclear reactors
- an elimination of all nuclear weapons
- a phase out of all nuclear reactors
- a total ban on the mining and processing of uranium